I started working in this profession back in the mid 1990’s using Microsoft Access version 1.0. At that time I fell in love creating and developing database applications and as they say the rest is history. Today I focus primarily working with Wordpress websites and MySql databases. I also develop and maintained Microsoft Access applications for small businesses.
I design and develop these applications to facilitate the needs of each of my clients. This includes identifying, collecting, integrating, analyzing and creating reports to support management with performance issues in all areas of business.
I am a patient listener and, as a result, people often engage me as part of their problem solving or idea-generating groups. My role has required me to communicate over the phone quite extensively and remotely connect to users PC in other locations around the world. I often walk people through complicated technical processes during phone conversations. I have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
If you would like to discuss your project with me, contact me anytime. I would be glad to hear from you.
Prior to starting my own business I had the following professional experiences.
West Paris, ME
- My primary functions were to create web & pc database applications and spreadsheets to support the operations of Trophy Transportation. I also developed and maintained their company database driven website.
Oxford Hills Adult Education
South Paris, ME
- I Taught the Microsoft Office Suite to students. This includes Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Hannaford Trucking Co.
So. Portland, ME
- My primary functions were to provide support for the Hannaford Trucking Leadership and Associates at the three distribution centers in South Portland, Me, Schodack Landing, NY and Plant City, FL.
- To provide computer support to Hannaford Trucking Associates relative to the Traffic Management System, XATA On Board Computer System, and PC support in general.
- To maintain the asset inventory of XATA equipment. Trouble shoot and re order parts as needed.
- Created graphic design and PowerPoint presentations when requested.
- To design and implement Office applications using MS Office Automation, SQL, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Access.
- To provide Distribution Center Leadership with independent data and analysis relative to the unit’s performance against budget. Provide the data for the financial reporting by period.
- To provide training for users of new systems being implemented.
- Served as the main point of contact for all service calls for user support.